We are proposing a new approach in Humanitarian aid assistance by Turning passive affected population into Active population by including them in the preparation of the Need assessment reports, Decision making and ultimately in the implementation of the response plans.
Our Goal is to empower the community engagement in the emergency sittings. We have noticed that refugees around the middle east have both the knowledge of using smart phones and they have access to smart phones. We would like to use this as a base point for our project, a mobile wireless network, with a special application installed to collect data from the effected population. The mobile unit will share the collected data with the different parties on real time scale. This unit also will help to coordinate between different parties and help in utilizing existing manpower in the effected population.
Our system is based on a bottom up community engagement concept which is a social inclusion model. This system of inclusion will ensure vocal, powerful groups in the community will not be over represented. Additionally, a database developed by the social inclusion model will be developed based on the information gathered. The database will classify people into different categories (e.g. pregnant women, people with physical/ mobility impairments, age, gender and type of working background).
Each community holds a wide number of skilled people that are not being utilized during an emergency time and instead of utilizing the existing manpower in the ground, NGOs often bring their own staff to the ground. EmicTric.org is proposing to build a Database and a platform and a Data management and analysis system for the Humanitarian aid agencies that are providing services in the rapid emergency zone. The approach is based on three main items
- Community engagement: Our plan is based on E-communication and information flow with the affected population combined with the social model of inclusion. This approach will provide an easy/ fast / feasible way to reach out the effected population.
- Real time data sharing.
- Better Coordination between stakeholders. The system we are building will provide the following advantages;
- Provide more accurate Data for both Need Assessment report and Response plan
- Decrease Need Assessment time and cost
- Decrease Response Plan time and cost
- Convert Passive affected population into active
- Prevent the Overlap of services to beneficiaries
- Better coordination between Organization
- Real-time information sharing